The following announcement is copied from the 11th Student Council Symposium website:_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
We are pleased to inform that two travel fellowships are available for 2 students or young researchers wishing to present and attend SCS 2015.
These fellowships are sponsored by the Swiss Institute of Bioinformatics.
Amount of the travel fellowship
Successful applicants will be awarded up to 400USD to cover registration, travel and accommodation expenses. The award check will be posted to each awardee after the symposium. In order to ensure the correct processing of the award, applicants are required to provide the organizers with copies of the relevant receipts (conference registration, travel expenses, hotel) during or shortly after the symposium (deadline August 20, 2015).
Here are the requirements to be eligible for an SCS travel fellowship:
- You will make an oral or a poster presentation at SCS2015
- You ARE NOT a recipient of an ISCB travel fellowship
- You are associated with a university or a research institute as a student or Post-Doctoral researcher
To apply for a SC travel fellowship please use the following link to our submission system. You will be need your abstract's reference ID to proceed. You will need to upload the following documents:
- A copy of your curriculum vitae (CV)
- A motivation letter explaining why it is important for you to attend the SCS2015 and why you require funding
- A recommendation letter from your supervisor or somebody else you worked or studied with
- May 25, 2015: SC Travel fellowship submission deadline
- June 4, 2015: SC Travel fellowship acceptance notifications
- June 5, 2015: ISMB early registration deadline
Questions concerning SC travel fellowships can be directed to email@example.com
If you are a company looking to improve your visibility by giving young researchers the opportunity to present their work in an international environment, please do not hesitate to contact us.