Content and Innovation department at Elsevier is looking for several skilled chemistry annotators to perform data annotation tasks for their Reaxys product. Reaxys is a web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents. One of the primary goals of Reaxys is to provide research chemists with access to experimentally measured data – reactions, physical, chemical or pharmacological in one universal and factual platform.
To learn more about this position and its requirements, see the description below.
To apply, please send your latest resume and a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org by June 19, 2016
Elsevier is part of the Reed Elsevier Group plc., which is a world leading provider of professional information solutions in science and health, legal, risk management, and business to business sectors. As the world’s leading provider of science and health information, Elsevier serves more than 30 million scientists, students and health and information professionals worldwide. A global company headquartered in Amsterdam, employing more than 7000 people in 24 countries, we help customers advance science and health by providing world-class information and innovative tools that help them make critical decisions, enhance productivity and improve outcomes. Elsevier publish over 2,500 journals and more than 33,000 book titles, and provide web-based, digital solutions — among them ScienceDirect, Scopus, Evolve, Knovel, Reaxys and ClinicalKey.
Anywhere in Europe but preferably:
Purpose of the Job
Content and Innovation department at Elsevier is looking for several skilled chemistry annotators to perform data annotation tasks for our Reaxys product. Reaxys is a web-based tool for the retrieval of chemistry information and data from published literature, including journals and patents. One of the primary goals of Reaxys is to provide research chemists with access to experimentally measured data – reactions, physical, chemical or pharmacological in one universal and factual platform. The candidates must have a strong scientific background in chemistry. Within this context, the selected candidate will contribute to create high quality annotated data. We are looking for reliable, flexible and motivated candidates, willing to engage in challenging projects. The candidate is expected to collaborate with other researchers and group members.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experiences (and Any Other Requirements)
We are looking for several candidates with:
* Strong scientific background in chemistry (main focus: Synthetic Organic Chemistry, Inorganic Chemistry and Pharmaceutical Chemistry)
* Knowledge to chemical names and chemical structures is required.
* Being familiar with chemical structure conventions.
* Strong preference for candidates with previous experience of using our Reaxys products
* Capable of understanding patent literature related to different areas of chemistry and pharmaceutical chemistry
* Strong written and spoken English skills are essential
* Good technical and strong analytic, troubleshooting, and problem solving skills, able to quicklyunderstand complex processes
* Cooperative, service-minded and pro-active working approach
* Ability to work in an independent and efficient but accurate manner
* Experimental lab experience is a plus preferrably: Ph.D. in Chemistry (or equivalent)
This is a temporary part time position that is expected to last four to six weeks based on candidate’s experience, with potential additional opportunities on similar projects in the future for the right candidate.
Competitive hourly rate based on demonstrated ability and experience.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users