Who is coming to ISMB/ECCB in Dublin?

Discussions on upcoming conferences, arranging meetups or lodging.

Topic author

pmeysman
Former SC Leader
Former SC Leader
Current Country/Location: Belgium

Who is coming to ISMB/ECCB in Dublin?

Post by pmeysman » Tue Jul 07, 2015 7:21 am

Hi everyone,

In less than a week, we will have the most awaited event on the Student Council calendar, namely the Student Council Symposium adjacent to ISMB/ECCB. This is a great chance to meet other bioinformatics & computational biology students from all over the world that you might have only interacted with online before.
Let us know if you are attending the conference, so we can arrange some student meetups.
Also let us know if you're presenting a poster or a talk, so we know to stop by!

I personally will only be attending the main conference & I am presenting a poster on my virology research (A006).
The best place to find me will be at the Student Council booth (no. 25) or at the ISCB open business meeting on Monday.

Hope to meet you all in Dublin!
Pieter Meysman
Former SC Chair (2015-2016)
Postdoc @ University of Antwerp, Belgium

mosare
Current Country/Location: Canada

Re: Who is coming to ISMB/ECCB in Dublin?

Post by mosare » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:08 am

Unfortunately, I will be missing out but I can't wait to see everyone pictures and updates!

Have fun everyone!

Annika
Current Country/Location: Netherlands

Post by Annika » Tue Jul 07, 2015 8:29 am

Hi all,
I will be going to SCS, RegGenSIG and the main conference presenting poster O103: "Modeling Wnt/β-catenin signaling".
I will also come and visit the SC boot and bring our RSG Netherlands poster.
See you all there!
Best regards Annika

danfdeblasio
ISCB BoD Rep.
Current Country/Location: USA

Post by danfdeblasio » Tue Jul 07, 2015 4:57 pm

I'll be there at SCS and the main conference. I'll also be attending the career session on Saturday.

I'm at the Jurys Inn for SCS then I'm moving to another hotel. I arrive in the mid-morning Thursday and leave the following Friday morning.

I will have my poster up Friday (63) as well as at the main conference (N56), its also online[1].

See you in a few days!

[1] http://dandeblasio.com/papers/poster_DK15.pdf
Dan DeBlasio
ISCB-SC Representative to the ISCB Board of Directors.
ISCB-SC Web Committee, Member
Computational Biology Department
Carnegie Mellon University
Pittsburgh, PA, USA

Alexander Junge
Former SC Leader
Former SC Leader

Post by Alexander Junge » Tue Jul 07, 2015 5:10 pm

Hi,

I will already arrive on Wednesday evening. Then attend the second day of the BOSC Codefest (http://www.open-bio.org/wiki/Codefest_2015 - great initiative, join if you are available) on Thursday. Friday at SCS, Saturday Testing and Career AKES and then the main conference So - Tue.

On Monday, I will present Poster "O74 - STRING-RNA: Integrating non-coding RNA and protein interaction networks" at the main conference. Drop by for a chat, if you are interested.

I'll be staying in a private room in 10 min. walking distance south of the convention center.

Looking forward to seeing you all!

RobinvanderLee
Current Country/Location: Netherlands

Post by RobinvanderLee » Thu Jul 09, 2015 8:11 am

Hi everyone,

I will attend the student council symposium this Friday where I will present my work on identification of novel antiviral RIG-I receptor pathway components!
I'll also bring a poster to both the SCS, and the main conference (poster E09). I've put it online: http://www.cmbi.ru.nl/~rvdlee/RLR_ISMB15_VanderLee.pdf
I leave for Dublin in a few hours and am very much looking forward to meeting you all and hearing about your work!

Best wishes,
Robin